- Museum Christmas Party 2014
- RAAF Christmas Treat 2014
- Arrival of the M2A2 Howitzer
- Sporting Car Club Sunday Picnic
- 2014 Salisbury Christmas Pageant
- Paranormal Activity?
- Bunnings Parafield Sausage Sizzle
- Classic vs Plastic Show n Shine
- Lady Soldiers Book Launch
- The Script Jeep Goes to Birdwood
- Motorfest 2014 - Miss Stuart and Friends
- Miss Stuart Goes to Birdwood
- Getting Ready for the 2014 Bay to Birdwood Run
- Events Calendar Bug Fix
- Penfield Park Railway Open Day - August 2014
- Malaya and Borneo Veterans Day 2014 Gun Firing
For the latest museum news, please be sure and check out the Blog
Welcome to our Museum, which is operated on a volunteer basis by members of the Military Vehicle Preservation Society of South Australia. The Society is one of many Military Vehicle Clubs across Australia and throughout the world and its members are dedicated to the preservation of vehicles that are of military origin. The museum was developed as a way of providing undercover storage for the vehicles and at the same time allowing the public to view them.
Opened in August 1993 at the old Messenger Press building at Port Adelaide and now relocated to a group of historic WW2 era buildings within the Defence precinct of Edinburgh Parks this museum is unique number of ways. The majority of the vehicles are privately owned by the Society members and therefore each member is responsible for their own vehicles. In addition the vehicles are not just restored to look at, they are rebuilt to authentic running condition and most are road registered and driven regularly. Military vehicles and items range from the First World War to current times.
Should you require further information about the Museum or the Society one of our members in attendance would be pleased to assist. You are also invited to loan or donate items to the Museum for display purposes. Alternatively you can contact us or email us. Take a virtual tour through our Museum now.
The museum is open every Sunday and Public Holiday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the exception of Good Friday and Christmas Day. The museum can also be opened at any time, by arrangement, for group bookings.
Museum entry fees
|Children||$5||Ages 5 to 14|
|Children||Free||4 and under|
|Concession||$8||With valid concession card|
|Family||$25||2 adults and 3 children|
|Group Bookings||By Arrangement|